TLC: a non-constructive library for Coq
TLC is a general purpose Coq library that provides an alternative to Coq's standard library.
- TLC takes as axiom extensionality, classical logic and indefinite description (Hilbert's epsilon). These axioms allow for significantly simpler formal definitions in many cases.
- TLC takes advantage of the type class mechanism. In particular, this allows for common operators and lemma names for all container data structures and all order relations.
- TLC includes the optimal fixed point combinator, which can be used for building arbitrarily-complex recursive and co-recursive definitions.
- TLC provides a collection of tactics that enhance the default tactics provided by Coq. These tactics help constructing more concise and more robust proof scripts.
- The source files can be obtained by running:
git clone https://gforge.inria.fr/git/tlc/tlc.git
- TLC compiles with Coq v8.5 (there is also a branch for Coq v8.4).
- Read the Makefile in case you need to use Coq binaries that are not in your path.
- TLC can be used in conjunction with the standard library.
- All the files are distributed under the GNU-LGPL license.
Warning: for the most recent version of the files, please check out the git repository.
The Optimal Fixed Point Combinator
ITP: International Conference on Interactive Theorem Proving, July 2010